- NTM classification
- P9: Export measures n.e.s.
- Date when the measure came into force
- 22 November 2013
- Publication where the measure is specified
- The Environmental Management Act ,2011
- Regulation where the measure is specified
- Environmental Management (Licensing) Regulations, 2013.
- Country/Region applying the measure
- Coded list of objectives
- A: Protection of human life and health, B: Protection of life and health of animals, C: Protection of life and health of plants and E: Protection of the environment
- Description of the measure
- 25.(1) An exporter, importer or transporter who intends to move hazardous waste into or out of the Republic shall notify the Agency in Form VII set out in the First Schedule.
27. The Agency shall, upon application by a person licensed to export hazardous waste, approve the export of the hazardous waste if —
(a) the exporter, through the Agency, obtains the consent of the transit and receiving countries and notifies the Agency in Form VII set out in the First Schedule;
(b) the hazardous waste cannot be reasonably re-cycled, re- used or disposed of locally in a safe and environmentally sound manner;
(c) the receiving country has the necessary facilities, capacity or suitable disposal site to dispose of the hazardous waste in an environmentally sound manner, and has notified the Agency accordingly;
(d) the hazardous waste in question is required as raw material for re-cycling or recovery in specified industries in the receiving country;
(e) the export is in accordance with an agreement or arrangement between the exporter and importer and meets the requirements of the Act and these Regulations;
(f) the exporter of the hazardous waste has taken comprehensive insurance to cover any incidents from Zambia up to the country of destination; and
(g) the labelling, packaging and transportation identified in the notification and movement document for transboundary movement of waste meet the requirements specified in the Eighth Schedule.
28. A person who intends to transit hazardous waste through the Republic shall notify the Agency in Form VII set out in the First Schedule.
31 (2)The Agency shall, within thirty days of receipt of an application under sub-regulation (1), approve the application if the applicant—
(a) demonstrates technical capacity to manufacture, import, export, store, distribute, transport, blend, process, re- process or change the composition of a pesticide or toxic substance or re-process an existing pesticide or toxic substance
30. (1) The Agency shall, before authorising the generation, storage, transportation, pretreatment, treatment, export or disposal of hazardous waste conduct a risk assessment.
- Reference of the measure
- PART IV Regulation 25 ( 1) : FORM VII (Notification Of Transboundary Movement Or Transit Of Hazardous Waste Or Other Waste)
PART IV RegulationS 27; 28; 30 ( 1)
PART V Regulation 31 ( 1)
PART VI Regulation 50( 1)
- Measure also domestic
Products affected by the measure.
- Hazardous waste,
Countries/Regions affected by the measure.
|Inclusion/Exclusion ||Country ||Date in ||Date out|
|Inclusion ||Entire world || || |