- NTM classification
- P9: Export measures n.e.s.
- Date when the measure came into force
- 22 November 2013
- Publication where the measure is specified
- Statutory Instrument No.112 of 2013- Amendment of Regulations
- Regulation where the measure is specified
- Environmental Management (Licensing) Regulations, 2013.
- Country/Region applying the measure
- Coded list of objectives
- E: Protection of the environment
- Description of the measure
- 25. (1) An exporter, importer or transporter who intends to move hazardous waste into or out of the Republic shall notify the Agency in Form VII set out in the First Schedule.
(5) The Agency shall, where any illegally trafficked hazardous waste cannot be attributed to a particular person and reexport is not practicable, dispose of the hazardous waste in accordance with these Regulations.
27. The Agency shall, upon application by a person licensed to export hazardous waste, approve the export of the hazardous waste if —
(e) the export is in accordance with an agreement or arrangement between the exporter and importer and meets the requirements of the Act and these Regulations;
(f) the exporter of the hazardous waste has taken comprehensive insurance to cover any incidents from Zambia up to the country of destination
50 (4) An authorised officer or law enforcement officer shall seize any controlled substance exported or imported contrary to these Regulations.
51. (1) A holder of a pesticide and toxic substance licence, waste management licence or a hazardous waste licence shall provide appropriate personal protective equipment to an employee exposed to pollution from the—
(c) importation, transit or exportation of a pesticide or toxic substance; or
- Reference of the measure
- PART IV: Section 25(1;5) ; First Schedule, Form VII; Section 27(e;f)
PART VI: Section 50(4)
PART VII: Section 51(1c)
- Measure also domestic
Products affected by the measure.
- Hazardous waste
Pesticide or toxic substance
Countries/Regions affected by the measure.