- NTM classification
- A14: Authorization requirement for sanitary and phytosanitary reasons for importing certain products
- Date when the measure came into force
- 29 December 1967
- Publication where the measure is specified
- Control and Diseases of Animals Act CAP 66:
- Regulation where the measure is specified
- Animal Import rules
- Country/Region applying the measure
- Coded list of objectives
- B: Protection of life and health of animals
- Description of the measure
- 3. Restriction on importation
No person shall import or cause to be imported into Malawi any animal or animal by-product except under a permit in writing issued by the Chief Veterinary Officer under rule 4 who may attach to it such conditions as he deems necessary to prevent the introduction of disease into Malawi. Any person who imports or causes to be imported any animal of animal by-product without such permit or who contravenes any of the provisions or conditions of the said permit shall be guilty of an offence.
No person shall be required to obtain a permit in accordance with these Rules—
(a) if the animal is in course of transit by air through Malawi from a place outside Malawi to another place outside Malawi and is not off-loaded within the boundaries of Malawi;
(b) if the animal by-product or fodder is in course of transit by air or rail through Malawi from a place outside Malawi to another place outside Malawi and is off-loaded only for the purpose of transhipment.
- Reference of the measure
- Regulations 3; 5(a, b)
- Measure also domestic
Products affected by the measure.
- Animal by-products
Countries/Regions affected by the measure.