- NTM classification
- P9: Export measures n.e.s.
- Date when the measure came into force
- 24 May 1971
- Publication where the measure is specified
- CHAPTER 386 - Timber Act
- Regulation where the measure is specified
- the Timber Act.
- Country/Region applying the measure
- Coded list of objectives
- X: For purposes n.e.s.
- Description of the measure
- 8.(1) No person shall export or enter for export any timber-
(a) of Kenya origin, except under and in accordance with the terms of an export permit issued by the Conservator or by a person authorized by him in writing in that behalf;
(b) of Tanzania or Uganda origin, unless it is accompanied by a document issued in the country concerned allowing such export;
(c) in respect of which an export permit has been issued, until a certificate of grading has been obtained or in a state other than that in which such timber was when such certificate was issued;
(d) through any place or port in Kenya which has not been declared by the Conservator, by notice the Gazette, as a place or port of export of timber for
the purposes of this Act.
(2) The Minister may, by notice in the Gazette, restrict or prohibit the export of any specified timber of Kenya origin.
(3) Any person who contravenes the provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall be guilty of an offence and, in addition to any other penalty which may be imposed therefor, the court may order—
(a) if the timber concerned is the property of the person convicted, that such timber be forfeited; or
(b) if such timber is the property of some other person, that the person convicted shall pay an additional fine equal to the value of such timber at the date the offence was committed.
- Reference of the measure
- Part III para 81d
- Measure also domestic
Products affected by the measure.
|Code||Product||Partial coverage||Partial coverage indication||Date in||Date out|
|4403||Wood in the rough, whether or not stripped of bark or sapwood, or roughly squared.||No|
|4404||Hoopwood; split poles; piles, pickets and stakes of wood, pointed but not sawn lengthwise; wooden sticks, roughly trimmed but not turned, bent or otherwise worked, suitable for the manufacture of walking-sticks, umbrellas, tool handles or the like; chipwo||No|
|4407||Wood sawn or chipped lengthwise, sliced or peeled, whether or not planed, sanded or end-jointed, of a thickness exceeding 6 mm.||No|
Countries/Regions affected by the measure.
|Inclusion/Exclusion||Country||Date in||Date out|
|Inclusion||Entire world||24 May 1971|
- All countries