- NTM classification
- P9: Export measures n.e.s.
- Date when the measure came into force
- 01 November 1974
- Publication where the measure is specified
- Act No: CAP. 482 Act : LOCAL MANUFACTURES (EXPORT COMPENSATION) subsidiary legislation
- Regulation where the measure is specified
- Local Manufactures (Export Compensation) Act, 10974
- Country/Region applying the measure
- Coded list of objectives
- X: For purposes n.e.s.
- Description of the measure
- 6. Application for payment
An application for a compensatory payment made by a person claiming to be entitled thereto shall be made to the Commissioner, through the Treasury, a person appointed by the Treasury or an appointed dealer as the case may be, in the prescribed form.
[Act No. 10 of 1987, s. 29.]
7. Action to be taken on application
(1) Where an application for compensatory payment is received by the Treasury or a person appointed by the Treasury or an appointed dealer, any of them shall, if satisfied that exportation of the eligible goods concerned is completed as required by section 5, notify the Commissioner the appropriate amount of compensatory payment due to the exporter in respect of the exports and when so authorized by the Commissioner, shall pay to the applicant on behalf of the Commissioner the appropriate amount of compensatory payment.
(2) In respect of an application for a compensatory payment, the Commissioner—
(a) if he is satisfied that the applicant is not entitled thereto, or that there has been a breach of this Act or regulations made thereunder in relation to the eligible goods concerned, or to the exportation thereof, may disallow the application in whole or in part; or
(b) in any other case, shall allow the application.
(3) Where an application is disallowed under paragraph (a) of subsection (2), any payment made under subsection (1) in relation to that application shall be repayable to the Commissioner by the person by whom it was received to the extent required by the disallowance.
- Reference of the measure
- Section 6 & 7
- Measure also domestic
Products affected by the measure.
|Code ||Product ||Partial coverage ||Partial coverage indication ||Date in ||Date out|
|PG: 1 ||All products ||No || ||11 November 1974 || |
Countries/Regions affected by the measure.
|Inclusion/Exclusion ||Country ||Date in ||Date out|
|Inclusion ||Kenya ||11 November 1974 || |