- NTM classification
- A14: Authorization requirement for sanitary and phytosanitary reasons for importing certain products
- Date when the measure came into force
- 31 December 2008
- Publication where the measure is specified
- Laws of Botswana Chapter 49:02 Importation of Bees
- Regulation where the measure is specified
- Importation of Bees Act
- Country/Region applying the measure
- The rationale of the measure
- No specific objective stated
- Coded list of objectives
- X: For purposes n.e.s.
- Description of the measure
- 2. Importation of bees without permission prohibited
No person shall import or cause to be imported into Botswana-
(a) bees from any place without the written permission of the President; or
Order: 2. Non-application of Act
The provisions of section 2(a) of the Act shall not apply in respect of the importation from
Zimbabwe of bees native to Zimbabwe or in respect of the importation from the Republic of
South Africa of bees native to that country.
- Reference of the measure
- Sub-Article 2(a) and Order 2
- Measure also domestic
Products affected by the measure.
|Code||Product||Partial coverage||Partial coverage indication||Date in||Date out|
|0106.41||-- Bees||Yes||Except bees native to Zimbabwe and South Africa|
- Bees except bees native to Zimbabwe and South Africa
Countries/Regions affected by the measure.
|Inclusion/Exclusion||Country||Date in||Date out|
- Entire world