- NTM classification
- P9: Export measures n.e.s.
- Date when the measure came into force
- 30 January 2004
- Publication where the measure is specified
- REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA,THE SEEDS ACT, 2003
- Regulation where the measure is specified
- The seeds act No 18 of 2003
- Country/Region applying the measure
- Coded list of objectives
- X: For purposes n.e.s.
- Description of the measure
- 19.-(1) No person shall-
(a) import, export, produce, process, distribute or sell seeds unless he is registered as such under this Act; or
(b) test, process or multiply seeds otherwise than in a registered laboratory seed processing factory or, as the case may be, a seed multiplication farm.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), nothing in this Act shall, be construed as preventing the sale of quality declared seeds as such to a neighbour fanner, whereby such seeds are grown by a smallholder fanner for use as seeds in his own farm.
(3) Where a registered Seed Dealer contracts any person to import, export, produce, process, distribute or sell seeds, that person shall be bound by the terms and conditions provided for under this Act.
- Reference of the measure
- Part IV section 19
- Measure also domestic
Products affected by the measure.
|Code ||Product ||Partial coverage ||Partial coverage indication ||Date in ||Date out|
|PG: 3 ||Seeds for sowing ||No || ||30 January 2004 || |
Countries/Regions affected by the measure.
|Inclusion/Exclusion ||Country ||Date in ||Date out|
|Inclusion ||Tanzania ||30 January 2004 || |