- NTM classification
- P9: Export measures n.e.s.
- Date when the measure came into force
- 23 November 1990
- Publication where the measure is specified
- The Republic Of Kenya, Laws of Kenya,Export Processing Zones CAP. 517 [Rev. 2012]
- Regulation where the measure is specified
- Export processing Zone Act 1990
- Country/Region applying the measure
- Coded list of objectives
- X: For purposes n.e.s.
- Description of the measure
- 27. Removal of goods from an export processing zone
(1) Subject to this Act, goods in an export processing zone may—
(a) be removed under supervision of a customs officer from the zone for export or sent into another export processing zone or bonded factory either in original package or otherwise;
(b) unless otherwise directed by the Authority—
(i) be stored, sold, exhibited, broken up, repacked, assembled, distributed, sorted, graded, cleaned, mixed, or otherwise manipulated or be manufactured in accordance with the provision of this Act; or
(ii)be destroyed under the supervision of the Customs.
(2) Subject to this Act, goods of any description which would be used directly for the manufacture of other goods by a licensed export processing zone enterprise or goods manufactured in any part of the customs territory which are meant for export may be brought into an export processing zone.
(3) Any person who contravenes the provisions of this section shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding two hundred thousand shillings or imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years or to both and the goods shall be liable to forfeiture under the Customs and Excise Act (Cap. 472).
[Act No. 14 of 1991.]
- Reference of the measure
- Part VI para 27
- Measure also domestic
Products affected by the measure.
|Code ||Product ||Partial coverage ||Partial coverage indication ||Date in ||Date out|
|PG: 1 ||All products ||No || ||23 November 1990 || |
- Exports in the export processing Zones
Countries/Regions affected by the measure.
|Inclusion/Exclusion ||Country ||Date in ||Date out|
|Inclusion ||Kenya ||23 November 1990 || |