- Complaint number
- NTB Type
- 1.1. Export subsidies
• Multiple duties and taxes within neighbouring countries (Despite trade support treaties like COMESA/SADC etc.) defeat the purpose of promoting trade among African countries.
• Porous border smuggling and undervalued products at official borders wipe out the business viability for structured players like Tradekings.
• Lengthy Compliance processes, Multiple agency approvals and complex certification requirements further discourage sincere exporters as these layers increase the product turnaround time and further increase RTM cost and delivery time.
For example: Tanzania/Zimbabwe - COC, Inspection, Route plan B, Importer licenses & various agency registrations (Multiple window clearance, COMESA certificate).
- Progress update note
- Policy or regulatory NTB
- Reporting Country or Region
- Country specific trade issue
- Date of incident
- In process
- Product Description
I. Confectionery (Lollipops, Candies and Gums)
II. Trade Kings Home Care Limited – Laundry, Household & Personal Care Products
III. Big Tree Beverages Limited – Bottled water, Energy and Carbonated beverages
IV. Swiss Bake Limited – Biscuits and Cookies
V. Dairy Gold Limited – Milk beverages, Fruit Juice beverages and Maheu products
VI. Yoyo Foods Limited – Potato Chips and Maize Corn naks and puffs
- Total value
- Date reported
- 2023-04-13 12:03
- 2023-08-21 18:29