- Complaint number
- NTB Type
2.6. Additional taxes and other charges
Introduction of the new verification/inspection tariff at Nairobi ICD (80 USD for 20 feet containers and 120 USD for 40 feet containers by Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) due to outsourcing of labor to conduct inspections and verification on behalf of KBS and KRA
- Status note
After investigations, Kenya confirm that;-
- The charges are in accordance to the existing KPA tariff applicable to both local and transit cargo where labour is required to provide verification/stripping and stuffing services.
- The verification charges are applicable to only those containers that have been targeted for verification by Customs/other Government cargo intervening Agencies and or on customers request
- Clients have the option of either using the outsourced service provider or seeking for an approval from Customs for their containers to be released under seal for destination verification at their warehouses.
-There are no charges for sight and release mode of verification
This NTB is therefore resolved
- Progress update note
1.During the SCTIFI meeting held in September 2020, Kenya informed that She will consult and report back in the online system.
- Policy or regulatory NTB
Kenya: Nairobi ICD (Government institution)
- Reporting Country or Region
- Country specific trade issue
- Date of incident
- Date of resolution
- Product Description
- Total value
- Date reported