- Complaint number
- NTB Type
1.14. Lack of coordination between government institutions
Distell, a Tape Town based exporting company is experiencing delays and high costs of processing SAD500 entries and SADC certificates for their wine exports to Zimbabwe. The current procedure where the Distell driver cannot take the SAD500 entry and SADC certificate to Customs to have it stamped and signed over the counter is cumbersome and costly for the company. The company has to wait for at least 2 days for either the release notification or the stamped and signed SADC certificates. This leads to the truck waiting at the depot for the documents, which results to either standing time cost at the depot or standing time at the border.
The requirement is as follows: Distell Company loads Bulk orders in Tanktainers and Drums from Monis in Paarl or Adam Tas in Stellenbosch, Cape Town which goes by road to Zimbabwe. Currently export documents can only be done by the Freight forwarder immediately after the Tanktainer or Drums are loaded. Export documentation cannot be processed earlier, as company has to wait for the final weight loaded into the truck. The alternative method to use flow meters and cut off the loading on a specific amount of liters is used because it is does produce accurate measurements.
Actual Current process for Bulk - Tanktainers (Tankerservices transport)
- Truck to be arranged for loading very early on a Tuesday morning @ 07:00am
- Most of the time 2 to 3 truckloads which will load one after the other.
- The following is all also done on the Tuesday:
o The wine is loaded.
o Distell invoices and forward the relevant documentation to Imperial Logistics in Johannesburg.
o Imperial Logistics processes the Customs entry via EDI.
- Once EDI release is received (after at least 2 days), Imperial Logistics sends the Release notification via e-mail.
- Distell advises Tanker Services to collect the relevant documentation and leave for the border.
- Imperial Logistics will have the SADC certificate stamped at the border.
- Tanker services driver to collect the original SADC certificates at the border.
A permanent solution for exporters in Cape Town to provide an over the counter service for our SAD500 & SADC entries is required.
- Progress update note
- Policy or regulatory NTB
- Reporting Country or Region
- Date of incident
- Product Description
- Total value
- Date reported