- Complaint number
- NTB Type
8.7. Costly Road user charges /fees
Non-harmonized road user charges / road tolls in EAC Partner States.
- Progress update note
1. On 26 October 2018, Focal Point for Tanzania advised that the feedback was being awaited from the Sectoral Committee on Transport , Communication and Metrology .
2. During the Extra Ordinary SCTIFI that sat in February, 2018, This matter was found to be operational in nature and hence was referred to the Sectoral Committee on Tranport, Communication and Meteorology (TCM) for resolution.
3. The EAC, in collaboration with SADC and COMESA, is working on a model for harmonizing the principles for road user charges
4. The 16th EAC Forum on NTBs held in Kigali noted the decision of the 11th TCM Sectoral Council held in June 2014. The Council noted that the study on the harmonization of the road user charges and tolls would commence in the financial year 2014/15. This follows from the adoption by the same Sectoral Council of the EAC Transport Facilitation Study Report which will inform the harmonization process. The time frame given was June 2015
- Policy or regulatory NTB
- Reporting Country or Region
- Date of incident
- Product Description
- Total value
- Date reported